|I Love CityLife.
||[Feb. 13th, 2010|08:19 pm]
For making this list. About time someone tries to shut up all of those people who are butthurt/overreacting about what Obama said. |
Other uncomfortable truths about Las Vegas that President Obama would get in trouble for saying.
1. Casinos subsist, at least in small part, on addicted gamblers who can't help themselves.
2. Humans were obviously never meant to live in the desert, which is why we have such problems with water.
3. If a budget is a numerical representation of an organization's priorities, Las Vegas doesn't give a shit about education.
4. You can still make a pretty good living here without the need for any kind of education.
5. As the town of second chances, we get a lot of losers.
6. There's a little con man in every person who makes Las Vegas their home for an extended period.
7. Of our major industries, only construction actually produces anything.
8. Some of the people who are really revered in this town are just hacks, but we all implicitly agree to ignore that.
9. You can have a really good time here, raise a family, go to church and lead a normal life, but at it's heart, Las Vegas is still a city built on separating suckers from their money.
10. Eating at buffets is not healthy.
11. Neither is chain smoking.
12. Prostitution and illegal drug use are condoned in Las Vegas, so long as you're winning.
13. Las Vegas goes down a little easier if you're drunk.
14. In many ways, Las Vegas is still a small town, and a hick one at that.
15. You can't love Las Vegas without hating it too, even if it's just a little.
This list is full of win. :D